CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thinking of Research...........

In the past I thought of research simply involving a theory, hypothesis, procedure, and a conclusion. However that has changed. I have learned about the importance of having validity, equity, and equality within your research. The question of being ethically correct is a subject which struck my interest because in research you must stand clear of biases, deceptions and confidentiality issues. Problems such as these can  be detrimental to your study therefore making it invalid. Proper planning is a necessity when conducting research, making enough time for observations, interviews before concluding your research is imperative because if not prepared time will be wasted on non relevant matters.
My perception of an early childhood professional that has changed as a result of this course I am now aware of how empathetic and passionate a few of my coworkers are in the field. They do not let preconceived notions to affect how they interact with the children they work with. However because of this study I can see the difference between true compassionate professionals and the ones who lack in certain areas and are only there for compensation.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla, I enjoyed reviewing your blog. I am looking forward in sharing each others perspective on diversity and equity. You are very creative and passionate about our very important mission of young children.

    Yours for Children;
    Deborah Jones

    ReplyDelete